- Posted by Manuel Padial Pérez
- On November 25, 2020
Analog Devices has established three commercial space product screening and qualification flows to address New Space needs, designed to offer the best price/reliability ratio for applications targetting different requirements:
- Commercial Space Light (CSL) process flow is intended for pure commercial space customers looking to fly high volume in space, offering special support for radiation requirements. addresses the low cost, high volume requirements with minimal testing and screening for application like LEO constellations. CSL devices offer one assembly/test/fabrication site for wafer lot traceability. This provides the customer with a homogeneous lot in order to perform any additional program-specific mission screening or inspection testing that may be required.
- The Commercial Space Medium (CSM) screening and qualification flow is an optimized flow offering additional radiation test, screening, and lot qualification. These flows will likely satisfy the vast majority of commercial space customers. It is offered for longer mission life requirements that demand an enhanced level of component reliability.
- The Commercial Space High (CSH) flow combines improved quality and reliability screening and qualification with radiation characterization and assurance. It offers the highest screening and qualification level. This product qualification flow offers the leading-edge technology utilizing PEMs devices for fast time to market. Negating the need for long lead time hermetic package development and subsequent electrical characterization due to a new set of package parasitics.
The electrical parameters and end points for the Analog Devices Standard Commercial Space devices will be as described in the current Analog Devices Space Level datasheets for each standard device offered.
|wdt_ID||CSL Features:||CSM and CSH Features:|
|1||1. Single Wafer Fabrication location||1. Single Wafer Fabrication location|
|4||2. Wafer lot uniformity and traceability||2. Wafer lot uniformity and traceability|
|7||3. Radiation monitors||3. Radiation monitors|
|10||4. Product Change Notification||4. High reliability Screening|
|13||5. High reliability Quality Conformance Inspection|
|16||6. Product Change Notification|
|CSL Features:||CSM and CSH Features:|
It will take some time to create a catalog of CS parts, which will be implemented according to generic demands, specific customer and program requirements.
- Renesas-INTERSIL: Radiation Tolerant Plastic Products - November 25, 2020
- ANALOG DEVICES: Commercial Space (CS) Products - November 25, 2020
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS: Space Enhanced products (SEP) - November 25, 2020