- Posted by Manuel Sánchez Ruiz
- On June 21, 2019
Comparison between LVDS Drivers and Receivers from different Manufacturers for High Reliability and Space application
In the Space business, several manufacturers from the USA and Europe have under their portfolio LVDS microcircuits. Taking into account such wide offer, it is valuable to know the similarities and differences between the options available.
Among the manufacturers that have Quad LVDS Drivers and Receivers in their catalog, the following ones will be considered in this post:
- ST Microelectronics (European)
- LVDS Driver and Receiver manufactured by ST are radiation hardened, MIL-PRF-38535 qualified up to quality level QML V and without any export restriction. Included in the same drawing (5962-98651 for drivers and 5962-98652 for receivers), are available cost-effective versions with relaxed electrical parameters but also radiation hardened and without any export restriction.
- 3D+ (European)
- These parts, not formally qualified, are offered under Space screening and lot qualification, with radiation data available and no export restriction.
- Space IC (European)
- Parts manufactured by Space IC are not formally qualified but are radiation tested in terms of TID and SEE. As well as screened and tested as per the ESCC system. As occurs in the case of other European manufacturers, they have no export restriction.
- Cobham Microelectronic Solutions (USA)
- Being radiation hardened up to 1 Mrad (Si), these LVDS are MIL-PRF-38535 qualified to QML V level against the drawing 5962-98651 for drivers and 5962-98652 for receivers. In terms of export classification, they are classified with ECCN 9A515.e.2
- Texas Instruments (USA)
- These parts are listed in QPL-38535, qualified to QML V level against the drawing 5962-97621 for drivers and 5962-97622 for receivers, but not radiation hardened although radiation reports are available to support the radiation analysis. They have no export restriction.
The only highest quality level and packaged products (SOP-16 for 3D+ and FP-16 for the rest) are included herein. For all of them, the supply voltage is [3, 3.6] V and the Operating Temperature Range (Ta) is [-55, +125] ºC, except for SPACE IC parts, which is [-40, +125] ºC
LVDS31 Drivers Comparasion
|wdt_ID||Part Type||Part Number||Manufacturer||TID||SEL||SEL/SEU||Propagation time (max)||Transmission rate|
|1||RHFLVDS31AK01V||5962F9865107VZC||STMICROELECTRONICS||300 krad||135 Mev.cm2/mg||67 Mev.cm2/mg||1.5 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|4||RHFLVDS31AK02V||5962F9865107VZA||STMICROELECTRONICS||300 krad||135 Mev.cm2/mg||67 Mev.cm2/mg||1.5 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|7||RHFLVDS315K01V||5962F9865108VZC||STMICROELECTRONICS||300 krad||135 MeV.cm2/mg||67 MeV.cm2/mg||3.5 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|10||RHFLVDS315K02V||5962F9865108VZA||STMICROELECTRONICS||300 krad||135 MeV.cm2/mg||67 MeV.cm2/mg||3.5 ms||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|13||UT54LVDS031LVUCA||5962H9865102VYA||COBHAM||1 Mrad||100 MeV.cm2/mg||--||3 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|16||UT54LVDS031LVUCC||5962H9865102VYC||COBHAM||1 Mrad||100 MeV.cm2/mg||--||3 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|19||SNV55LVDS31W||5962-9762101VFA||Texas Instruments||NO RH*||* Report available||* Report available||4 ns||400 Mbps|
|22||SPLVDS031RH||N/A||Space IC||100 krad||60 MeV.cm2/mg||35 MeV.cm2/mg||1.9 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|25||3DLV3104VS1617||N/A||3D+||100 krad||80 MeV.cm2/mg||--||--||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
LVDS32 Receivers Comparison
|wdt_ID||Part Type||Part Number||Manufacturer||TID||SEL||SET/SEU||Propagation time (max)||Transmission rate|
|1||RHFLVDS32AK01V||5962F9865207VZC||STMICROELECTRONICS||300 krad||135 MeV.cm2/mg||32 MeV.cm2/mg||2.5 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|4||RHFLVDS32AK02V||5962F9865207VZA||STMICROELECTRONICS||300 krad||135 MeV.cm2/mg||32 MeV.cm2/mg||2.5 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|7||RHFLVDS325K01V||5962F9865208VZC||STMICROELECTRONICS||300 krad||135 MeV.cm2/mg||32 MeV.cm2/mg||3.5 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|10||RHFLVDS325K02V||5962F9865208VZA||STMICROELECTRONICS||300 krad||135 MeV.cm2/mg||32 MeV.cm2/mg||3.5 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|13||UT54LVDS032LVUCA||5962H9865202VYA||COBHAM||1 Mrad||100 MeV.cm2/mg||--||4 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|16||UT54LVDS032LVUCC||5962H9865202VYC||COBHAM||1 Mrad||100 MeV.cm2/mg||--||4 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|19||SNV55LVDS32W||5962-9762201VFA||Texas Instruments||NO RH*||* Report available||* Report available||6 ns||100 Mbps|
|22||SPLVDS032RH||N/A Space||IC||100 krad||60 MeV.cm2/mg||35 MeV.cm2/mg||3.3 ns||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
|25||3DLV3204VS1618||N/A||3D+||100 krad||80 MeV.cm2/mg||--||--||400 Mbps (200 MHz)|
Manuel Sánchez has a Degree in Industrial Engineering by the University of Seville and an MSc in Renewable Energy Engineering by Kingston University London.
Having joined Alter Technology in 2015, he works as part of the EEE Parts Engineering Department, providing technical support in terms of Product Assurance and procurement to users in the frame of ESA space projects such as Euclid and Plato.