- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On May 26, 2020
TDK Corporation has extended its range of dual inductors to include the new EPCOS series B82477D6*. The seven series types cover an inductance range from 2 x 3.9 µH to 2 x 47 µH and are designed for maximum rated currents from 2.83 A to 7.05 A.
A special feature of the inductors, which are certified according to AEC-Q200 and compatible with RoHS, is the high saturation currents of up to 16.1 A. The magnetically shielded inductors have dimensions of just 12.5 x 12.5 x 10.5 mm3 and are designed for a wide temperature range of -55°C to +150 °C. Depending on the type, the inductors offer very high coupling factors of the two windings from 97 to 99 per cent.
The fields of application of dual inductors are diverse: Indeed, they can be used as coupled inductors in SEPIC (Single-Ended Primary Inductance Converter) or 1:1 transformers in flyback topologies. A further application involves use as a common-mode inductor in power supply lines. The isolation voltage between the two windings is >500 V.
Main fields of application
- Common-mode inductors in power supply lines
- DC/DC converters in SEPIC topology
- Flyback converters
Main features and benefits
- High saturation currents of up to 16.1 A
- Low dimensions of just 12.5 x 12.5 x 10.5 mm3
- Wide temperature range of -55°C to +150°C
- High coupling factor of up to 99 per cent
|wdt_ID||Ordering code||Inductance L1, L2 [µH]||Max. rated current [A]||Saturation current [A]||DC resistance L1, L2 [mΩ]|
- Q&A Webinar – Distributed Thermal Control System– SMARTHEATERS – - November 25, 2022
- Power Inductors in Automotive Applications - November 25, 2022
- Announcing new features in doEEEt to find the right COTS components - November 9, 2022