- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On June 23, 2021
TDK Corporation has extended its range of EPCOS ERU-SMT power inductors with the new ERU19, ERU24, and ERU27 (B82559*) series. Each product line is comprised of up to 10 types, covering inductance values from 1.0 µH to 30 µH. Overall, a range of saturation currents at 25 °C from 11.5 A DC to 101.5 A DC is covered.
A key feature of the power inductors is their compact design. With a footprint of just 19.9 x 18.5 mm2 to 27.8 x 25.8 mm2, they take up 14 percent less space on the printed circuit board (PCB) than their predecessor. The low insertion heights between 7.65 mm and 16.9 mm vary depending on the type. This low-profile design is based on a flat rectangular helical winding technology, resulting in lower losses.
The ohmic resistances are between 0.46 mΩ and 17.0 mΩ. The new high-current chokes are designed for operating temperatures between -40 °C and +150 °C. The product’s additional third soldering pad contributes to high mechanical stability on the PCB. The new components, RoHS-compatible and AEC-Q200 qualified, are used as output and storage chokes in a wide variety of power supply topologies. Use cases include point-of-load (POL) converters, DC-DC converters, high-current switch-mode power supplies, and inverters for photovoltaic and automotive applications.
Main fields of application
- Output and storage chokes for point-of-load (POL) converters
- DC-DC converters and high-current switch-mode power supplies
- Inverters for photovoltaic systems
- Automotive applications
Main features and benefits
- Compact dimensions due to flat rectangular helical winding
- High saturation currents of up to 101.5 A DC
- Qualified to AEC-Q200
- DOWNLOAD NON-STANDARD PDF - September 23, 2021
- SPACE TALKS 7 | Quantum Activities for Space - September 7, 2021
- A Machine Learning Degradation Model for Supercapacitors Operated at High Temperature - August 23, 2021