- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On June 23, 2021
TDK Corporation presents a new series of EPCOS MKP-X2 capacitors for interference suppression. In contrast to conventional models designed for a maximum operating temperature of 110 °C, the new capacitors offer a maximum permissible operating temperature of 125 °C.
The capacitance range of the B3292*P series ranges from 0.033 µF to 5.6 µF, and the maximum rated voltage is 305 V AC. Even under harsh environmental conditions, the capacitors offer a stable capacitance value, verified by the thermal humidity bias test with basic conditions of 85 °C, 85% relative humidity, and an operating voltage of 240 V AC, for a duration of 500 hours. They are certified according to IEC 60384-14:2013/AMD1:2016 and approved according to AEC-Q200.
According to UL and EN, the capacitors are approved and, depending on capacitance, are available in the lead spacing of 15 mm, 22.5 mm, and 27.5 mm. The housing, such as potting material, corresponds to UL94 V-0.
The typical fields of application of the new X2 capacitors include interference suppression in filters under harsh environmental conditions and at high operating temperatures, such as in automotive applications.
- Interference suppression at high operating temperatures, such as automotive applications
Main features and benefits
- Increased operating temperature of 125 °C
- Wide capacitance range from 0.033 µF to 5.6 µF
- UL and EN approval, qualification according to AEC-Q200
- DOWNLOAD NON-STANDARD PDF - September 23, 2021
- SPACE TALKS 7 | Quantum Activities for Space - September 7, 2021
- A Machine Learning Degradation Model for Supercapacitors Operated at High Temperature - August 23, 2021