- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On March 11, 2021
Vishay Intertechnology introduces a new series of surface-mount AC line rated ceramic disc safety capacitors that are the industry’s first such devices to offer a Y1 rating of 500 VACand 1500 VDC. Designed to withstand harsh, high humidity environments, the Vishay BCcomponents SMDY1 series devices offer industry-high capacitance to 4.7 nF.
- Y1 rating of 500 VACand 1500 VDC
- High capacitance to 4.7 nF
- High humidity robustness with a Class IIB humidity grade (in accordance with IEC60384-14 annex I) and a moisture sensitivity level of 2a
- RoHS-compliant and halogen-free
- The closest competing devices only offer capacitance up to 1.5 nF and Y1 ratings to 300 VAC, with no DC rating
- Allowing for surface-mount assembly with a reflow soldering process, SMDY1 series capacitors reduce production costs
- Compared to through-hole devices, the capacitors offer a lower profile and eliminate the need for clearance space on the backside of the PCB
- Consist of a copper-plated ceramic disc and feature encapsulation made of flame-resistant epoxy resin in accordance with UL 94 V-0.
- EMI / RFI filtering in power supplies, solar inverters, smart meters, and LED drivers
Source: Vishay Intertechnology
- Machine learning and Electronic components - May 7, 2021
- Controlled Non-Linearity of Graphene May Yield - May 5, 2021
- Knowles Precision Devices Expands its Enhanced Safety-Certified SMD MLCC Capacitors - May 4, 2021