Coilcraft Introduced Ultra Low Loss Power Inductors
- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On April 27, 2020
Coilcraft’s new XGL4030 Series of high-performance, moulded power inductors offer up to 40% lower DCR than the previous best-in-class inductors as well as extremely low AC losses, resulting in the best overall efficiency over a wide range of AC ripple current. They are ideal for DC-DC converters with switching frequencies ranging from hundreds of kHz to 5 MHz and above.
The XGL4030 features an expanded inductance range, including 18 values from 0.13 to 12.0 µH, with current ratings up to 26.5 Amps and soft saturation characteristics. It also offers a 30% increase in Irms self-heating current, allowing the XGL4030 to operate much cooler than previous-generation components.
XGL4030 Series inductors are qualified to AEC-Q200 Grade 1 standards (-40° to +125°C ambient) with a maximum part operating temperature of +165°C and exhibit no thermal ageing issues, making them suitable for automotive and other harsh-environment applications. They feature RoHS-compliant, tin-silver-over-copper terminations and are halogen-free. Their composite construction also minimizes audible buzzing.
- Industry’s lowest DCR and ultra-low AC losses over a wide frequency range
- Superior current handling with soft saturation characteristics
- AEC-Q200 Grade 1 (−40°C to +125°C)
- Wide inductance range up to 12 µH
- RoHS-compliant, halogen-free. 260°C compatible. Tin-silver (96.5/3.5) over copper terminations
- Samples of all XGL4030 values are available in Coilcraft Designer’s Kit C486
- COTS Plus tin-silver-copper and tin-lead terminations available
- What is magnetism, What is an Inductor? - March 7, 2023
- Transformer Design impact for EMC - March 7, 2023
- Biodegradable Polymers Are Promising for Supercapacitors - March 3, 2023