SPACE TALKS 7 | Quantum Activities for Space
- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On September 7, 2021
In this new Spacetalk, Dr. David Amstrong talks about the Fraunhofer Centre for Applied Photonics (Fh-CAP) activity and specifically about Quantum Communications in Space.
Dr. Armstrong is a business development manager at Fraunhofer Centre for Applied Photonics (Fh-CAP) in Glasgow, UK.
A technical specialist in optics and laser physics David is a graduate of Strathclyde University with a Ph.D. in Laser Physics. David has held a number of technical, business management, and marketing roles in the semiconductor, telecommunications, laser, and optical sensing companies spanning start-ups to multinationals.
In his role at Fh-CAP David has an interest in identifying challenges facing the industry in which photonics may have a role in addressing. He has a particular interest in quantum technologies as well as sensing and spectroscopy.
Topics treated in the conversation
- Fraunhofer Centre for Applied Photonics (Fh-CAP) activity
- The increasing interest in Quantum communications in space
- Secure communications
- The role of satellite – satellite optical links in the development of secure communications
- Timing and optical clocks
- Quantum enabled navigation using cold atoms and its use in the short term in Navigation systems
- And much more exciting content…
Have an enjoyable space talk.
MORE SPACE TALKS
- What is magnetism, What is an Inductor? - March 7, 2023
- Transformer Design impact for EMC - March 7, 2023
- Biodegradable Polymers Are Promising for Supercapacitors - March 3, 2023