- Posted by Manuel Sánchez Ruiz
- On August 14, 2019
Unencapsulated Stacked Chip with Flat Terminations, 63-250 VDC, for DC Link
Kemet capacitors have released the new JSN Series. These stacked capacitors, using metalized polymer film as dielectric, is designed to work under severe working conditions in applications requiring long life. Suitable applications are high frequency SMPS, DC/DC and AC/DC converters, input/output filter in power supplies, DC Link, industrial and automotive SMPS and inverters.
Some of the main advantages of being made with polymer dielectric is that this capacitor is not polarized, admitting AC voltages. As the capacitors are stacked type, they offer higher voltages and capacitance values than other options in the market.
The main characteristics of this series can be summarized as:
- Rated voltage: 63 – 250 VDC
- Rated voltage: 40 – 160 VAC
- Capacitance range: 5.6 – 82 μF
- Capacitance tolerance: ±10%, ±20%
- Climatic category: 55/125/56
- RoHS compliant and lead-free terminations
- Operating temperature range of –55°C to +125°C
- Automotive (AEC-Q200) grades available
- Low ESR and ESL (high frequency applications)
- No piezoelectric effect
- No DC bias effect in capacitance drop and aging
- Nonpolarized construction (low self-heating in AC filtering applications)
- Inherent self-healing and elasticity properties
Image for reference only.
It is important to highlight that this series is automotive grade qualified in accordance with AEC-Q200, but Kemet also offers the possibility to perform additional testing if required.
This could result in a good alternative for projects with lower quality level requirements.
- Importance of Alert and Obsolescence Management on Space Projects - February 25, 2022
- What is a PoL converter and when should I use it - November 16, 2021
- New issue of ESCC 5000 specification - March 15, 2021