- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On July 10, 2023
Bourns Sensors and Controls announce the release of the Model PEC11J Series 12 mm SMT Rotary Encoder.
The Bourns® Model PEC11J Series is designed for professional audio and lighting applications, consumer electronics, and any other application requiring a menu select encoder.
Bourns designed the PEC11J Series encoder as a drop-in replacement for the discontinued ALPS Model EC11J and should enable customers to continue to support existing applications.
As always, Bourns recommends that customers test products in their specific applications to verify satisfactory performance.
- Quadrature output
- 100,000 rotational cycle rating
- -25 °C to +70 °C operating temperature range
- Momentary push switch option
- Various resolutions
- Flatted shaft
- IP 40 dust seal rating
- RoHS compliant*
- Professional audio equipment
- Professional lighting consoles
- Consumer white goods
- Test and measurement equipment
- Communications equipment
- Laboratory equipment
Potentiometer or Encoder – What is the difference?
A potentiometer and an encoder are electromechanical devices used to measure position; however, the potentiometer outputs analog signals while the encoder outputs digital signals. Generally, the potentiometer has a shorter life and lower accuracy than the encoder but outputs more continuous analogue output.
- Stability of Optoelectronic parameters for space applications - November 16, 2023
- C-SAM Ultrasonic Analysis to Identify High Voltage MLCC Defects - October 19, 2023
- SMD Inductors - October 19, 2023