- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On June 24, 2021
Signal Transformer, a Bel group company and global manufacturer of custom and standard transformers, chassis and high-frequency chokes and inductors, SMD inductors and wireless charging coils, announce their latest product offering for the lighting industry, the Lighting Transformer (LT) Series.
The Lighting Transformers are designed and built to meet the U.S. and international safety standards: UL/CSA/IEC. Offers Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) outputs created for industries and OEM installations of landscape, track, recessed and LED lighting, as well as security systems, in the commercial, consumer and industrial sectors. Provides a safer work environment.
When SELV outputs are required to operate control equipment and other electronic devices, a step-down transformer is needed to convert from 120V or 277V to 12V. Offering a safer work environment, the SELV isolation provided by Signal’s LT Transformer Series eliminates potential shock hazards. The LT277-50-12 is ideal for 480V, 3-phase 4-wire systems, where line voltage to neutral is equal to single-phase 277V 50/60 Hz. The LT120-50-12 is designed for single-phase 120V 50/60 Hz supplies.
The LT Series is easy to mount and can be hardwired via standard ½” conduit hardware and a square box connection. Signal’s design features a corrosion-resistant surface coating that is environmentally resilient, with insulation Class B 130°C 1446. All the lead connections are 18AWG UL 1015. The LT Series is UL recognized to North American Harmonized standards: UL5085-1-2 and CSA C22.2 No. 66. With rugged construction at a reasonable price, Signal’s experienced engineering team has utilized the latest software in a transformer design to develop the LT Series.
- Step-down transformer
- 277V or 120V primary to 12V
- Lead connections; 18AWG style UL 1015
- Insulation class B, 130°C
- UL recognized to North American Harmonized standards: UL5085-1-2 and CSA C22.2 No.66
- Highly effective
- Low-cost design
- Auto-resettable thermal protection
- Rugged construction at a reasonable price
- A corrosion-resistant surface coating that is environmentally resilient
- Easy to mount and can be hardwired via standard 1/2″ conduit hardwire and a square box connection
- High Current, High Temperature Edge-Wound Inductors - January 13, 2023
- Snap-In Supercapacitors - January 13, 2023
- Q&A Webinar – Challenges of Testing of Optoelectronics COTS for Space - January 10, 2023