- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On April 29, 2020
SCHURTER launches UMT-W a pulse-proof SMD ceramic fuse with super time-lag tripping characteristics, which is particularly suitable as a fail-safe device in demanding applications.
The cuboid-shaped (5.3 x 16 mm), extremely compact SMD fuse is available in five rated currents from 5 A to 20 A and reaches rated voltages of up to 125 V AC&DC with a breaking capacity of up to 1000 A. All these you get with a super slow and precisely defined melting characteristic unique for SMD fuses.
The SCHURTER UMT-W is recommended wherever high inrush currents flow (e.g. motor control systems). The UMT-W is particularly suitable for applications with long cables (e.g. avionics), which are often primarily protected by an electronic fuse. If this monitoring fails or does not perform its task correctly, the UMT-W takes over as a fail-safe device and transfers the system to a safe, currentless state. Due to the precise melting times with its precisely defined min/max corridor at 4xIn, robust and selective safety concepts can be implemented on top of the electronic fuse.
The UMT-W fuse is a “COTS+” product. The “+” comes from extended fuse qualification tests (e.g. AEC-Q200) and highly controlled manufacturing processes, which are available to all SCHURTER customers. For higher reliability requirements, we also offer visual inspection according to MIL-PRF 55342, different types of up-screenings (burn-in) and detailed test reports on request.
- Suitable as Fail-Safe Device
- Very high melting integral
- Precisely defined melting times (min/max)
- Q&A Webinar – Distributed Thermal Control System– SMARTHEATERS – - November 25, 2022
- Power Inductors in Automotive Applications - November 25, 2022
- Announcing new features in doEEEt to find the right COTS components - November 9, 2022