Power electronics packaging has reached a critical point in modern history where applications such as electric vehicles, electric aircraft, rail, smart grid, and renewable energy are demanding new power packaging solutions that enable higher performance and reliability to gain the full benefit of state-of-the-art power devices developed over the last decade.
Is for these reasons the purpose of the 2019 IEEE International Workshop on Integrated Power Packaging (IWIPP), is to bring together researchers from industry and academia, acting in the field of power electronics, components, electrical insulating materials, and packaging technologies to rapidly promote the development and commercialization of high-density and high-efficiency power converters.
Topics to discuss during the workshop :
- Packaging: Powerful devices require thoughtful packaging designs. IWIPP covers everything from mechanical and thermal considerations to new low-inductance footprints.
- System Design: From EMI to thermal management and partial discharge.
- Dielectrics & Materials: It isn’t possible to make great applications without fundamental dielectrics & materials.
- Reliability & Testing: Once the system is done, should be put it to the test.
- Safety & Standards: Protect and benchmark new technology
- Optimization: Making systems run efficiently and powerfully is a little different than just making them run.
- Modeling & Simulation: Proof-of-concept is critical in electronics design, and virtual prototyping is becoming more powerful each and every day.
- Devices: The heartbeat of power electronics systems. Debating and discuss the best and the latest.