- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On November 17, 2020
Sebastien Moranta, Coordinator of Studies, European Space Policy Institute in Vienna, Planning and supervision of ESPI work plan, Project management and quality assurance and ESPI databases management talk about ESPI.
What is ESPI?
Space has become an important vehicle for achieving objectives in key policy areas including environment, security, economic development, mobility and resource management. It generates knowledge and innovation and contributes to Europe’s identity and capabilities. Europe requires perspectives on how to manage mid-and long-term challenges in exploiting the full potential that space holds for society.
The European Space Policy Institute (ESPI) responds to these needs through independent analyses and advice, with the aim of supporting space as a strategic policy area for Europe. To this effect, it provides recommendations, policy options and forward vision as to how Europe’s engagement in space can bring maximum benefit to society. ESPI’s work also reflects how space can sensibly contribute to Europe’s unique role in global politics as a strong and principled actor.
Topics treated in the conversation
- Can you tell us a bit about ESPI?
- Which is the current New Space ecosystem, particularly in Europe?
- New Space seems to be a great opportunity for start-ups. Which is the current landscape for these companies in Europe?
- Compared to other areas, such as the US, European start-ups ecosystem is relatively weaker. Do you agree with this statement? What can be done to improve the overall situation?
- Is there a need for change in the way public investments are implemented to further develop the industry? How can we make these investments sustainable in the long term?
- How do you think that all the transition lived by the space industry can affect the “classical” players?
- How can the private industry participate in the big science and explorations programmes, typically dominated by public entities?
- Which impact from COVID pandemic do you expect in the European space ecosystems?
MORE SPACE TALKS
- Machine learning and Electronic components - May 7, 2021
- Controlled Non-Linearity of Graphene May Yield - May 5, 2021
- Knowles Precision Devices Expands its Enhanced Safety-Certified SMD MLCC Capacitors - May 4, 2021