- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On June 28, 2020
Pierre Lionnet is the Research Director of Eurospace. With more than 20 years of experience: institutional relations, strategic analysis, working groups and task forces management is a high impact speaker.
Eurospace is a trade association of the European space industry. It is a European nonprofit organization created in 1960. Eurospace member companies today represent about 90 per cent of the total turnover of the European space industry.
In this first podcast, Mr Lionnet offers us a view of the market and the industry, going in-depth with a clear and concise way in his words.
- The response of the EU and ESA institutions to the crisis has been extremely positive.
- Impacts on the industry are not homogeneous in all EU countries.
- The sector reports delays in the supply chain and increased costs and profitability.
- The impact by year-end can affect up to 25% of turnover
- The space sector can see its turnover reduced by up to 2B €
- The crisis in the aviation sector may also decisively affect the space industry.
- ESA and EU budgets for space may be reduced in the long term.
- Due to the impact of the COVID 19 crisis on other vital elements (transport, oil & gas, natural resources) the situation of the sector may be affected not only this year but also in at least the next two years.
- The New Space sector will be affected by the lack of funding.
MORE SPACE TALKS
- Product Assurance Approach Questions & Answers - July 9, 2020
- Product Assurance Approach for New Space missions – Webinar - July 1, 2020
- SPACE TALKS 1 - June 28, 2020