- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On June 22, 2023
Bourns is pleased to debut its POWrThermTM Power NTC Thermistors, which are high power rating NTC thermistors.
NTC thermistors are commonly used as Inrush Current Limiters (ICLs) on power lines.
Bourns® POWrTherm™ Power NTC Thermistors are designed and constructed from various metal oxides which form the polycrystalline NTC thermistor bodies and are capable of suppressing high inrush currents with equivalent capacitance up to 1500 μF@240 VAC and a maximum current up to 15 A.
These seven model families are housed in radial leaded through-hole packages and are UL and/or TÜV recognized depending on the specific series.
The different disc sizes cater to various market segments, from consumer to industrial, with applications like Switched-Mode Power Supplies (SMPS), DC motors, amplifiers and transformers.
- Seven disc options from 5 to 25 mm diameter
- Wide resistance ranges from 0.7 to 220 ohms
- Highly stable electrical characteristics
- Coating material is flame retardant to the UL 94V-0 standard
- RoHS compliant* and halogen free**
- Switched-Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)
- DC motors
- Stability of Optoelectronic parameters for space applications - November 16, 2023
- C-SAM Ultrasonic Analysis to Identify High Voltage MLCC Defects - October 19, 2023
- SMD Inductors - October 19, 2023