- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On July 5, 2021
ESCC3201/013 Issue 3
Resulting from a successfully completed GSTP contract and ESCC Qualification campaign, the ESCC Detail Specification ESCC3201/013 issue 3 has been released.
Under the GSTP contract Flux has developed a 5kW de-rated transformer and inductor as demonstrators for the output stage of Electrical Propulsion.
The transformer was subjected to a step stress test to prove its suitability to operate at its full capability of 7.5kW and above.
The aim was to identify the weakest point of the construction. At 8.5kW the core temperature reached within 5ºC of the cores Curie Point of 210ºC, thus identified as the weakest point.
Under the same contract and ESCC Qualification campaign, Flux developed a series of High Power Low-frequency SMD filter inductors with very high saturation levels.
The ESCC3201/013 Detail Specification ”Custom Magnetics (inductors, transformers) based on by Type FT” describes, in general, the ESCC Qualified custom magnetic parts manufactured by Flux.
The details of each design are defined in a product-specific ESCC Magnetic Sheet.
Flux ESCC Domain updates are:
- Maximum Power increased from 2.5kW to 5kW
- Rated DC Current increased from 35A to 62A
- DOWNLOAD NON-STANDARD PDF - September 23, 2021
- SPACE TALKS 7 | Quantum Activities for Space - September 7, 2021
- A Machine Learning Degradation Model for Supercapacitors Operated at High Temperature - August 23, 2021