- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On March 17, 2020
Vishay Introduces Automotive Grade AC and Pulse Polypropylene Film Capacitors for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) today introduced a new series of Automotive Grade AC and pulse metallized polypropylene film capacitors for hybrid and electric vehicles.
With a maximum operating temperature of +125 °C (observing voltage derating), Vishay BCcomponents MKP385e series devices ensure compliance with IEC 60384-17 and AEC-Q200 Revision D, while withstanding temperature humidity bias (THB) testing of 60 °C, 93 % RH for 56 days at rated voltage.
The radial potted capacitors released today are designed to ensure high and stable pulse strength and ripple current capabilities over a long service life under harsh environmental conditions. Offered in compact packages to increase density, the robust devices are ideal for onboard and inductive charging, battery management, and keyless systems; snubbing; resonant converters; and power supplies.
The MKP385e series is available in eight rated voltages from 400 VDC to 2500 VDC. Capacitors with voltage ratings of 630 VDC and below feature a mono construction, while devices with voltages above 630 VDC offer a series film construction. The capacitors offer rated capacitance from 0.001 µF to 15 µF, low ESR down to 4 mΩ, and high ripple current capabilities up to 19.3 A. RoHS-compliant, the devices can be customized by Vishay on request.
- AEC-Q200 qualified (rev. D)
- THB 60 °C 93 % RH for 56 days at rated voltage
- High temperature capabilities, up to 125 °C
- Hybrid and electrical vehicles applications
- On-board and inductive charging systems
- BMS (battery management)
- SPACE TALKS 1 - May 26, 2020
- Bourns Announces New AEC-Q200 Compliant Thick Film Chip Resistors - May 26, 2020
- Smiths Inteconnect Releases New Planar RF Filter for Configurations up to 18 GHz - May 26, 2020