- Posted by Kemet Electronic Corporation
- On July 1, 2020
Kemet Application Intelligence Center KAIC lab released a video that demonstrates how four different capacitor types affect the ripple voltage on a boost or buck regulator.
Each technology of capacitors is compared using the KAIC-RCE-001 board, which uses the same output capacitance bank at the output of a switching regulator. However, the ESR and ESL differences of each technology cause a different output ripple voltage.
The four capacitor types compared in this video are:
- MLCC multilayer ceramic capacitors
- AO-CAP SMD chip aluminum organic polymer capacitors
- AO-CAP tantalum organic polymer capacitors
- Aluminum Polymer electrolytic capacitors – can type
Find the right microcircuits to develop a Power Unit for Space Applications.
- The Best of Both Worlds Combining Polymer and Aluminum Electrolytic - January 30, 2022
- Capacitors Selection Guide for Capacitive Power Supplies - October 4, 2021
- Introducing Capacitor Solutions for Space Constrained - August 27, 2021