- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On August 12, 2021
Vishay New AC Filtering Film Capacitors Deliver Extremely Stable Capacitance and ESR in High Humidity Environments
Vishay Intertechnology introduces a new series of metalized polypropylene AC filtering film capacitors optimized for high humidity environments.
Vishay Roederstein MKP1847C AC Filtering devices withstand demanding temperature humidity bias (THB) testing —40C, 93 % relative humidity for 56 days at rated voltage —without altering their electrical characteristics.
- Designed to ensure extremely stable capacitance and ESR values over a long service life under harsh environmental conditions during operation
- Compared to previous-generation devices, the MKP1847C AC Filtering series offers higher humidity robustness at a lower cost while maintaining the same footprint.
- Withstand THB testing —40C, 93 % relative humidity for 56 days at rated voltage
- Wide capacitance range from 1 μF up to 70 μF, with tolerance down to +/-10 %
- Rated voltages of 230 VAC, 250 VAC, 275 VAC, 310 VAC, and 350 VAC
- Low self-inductance of < 1 nH per mm of lead spacing
- High peak current capabilities up to 750 A
- High RMS current up to 26 A
- Offered in a flame-retardant plastic case with a resin seal
- High operating temperature to +105C
- Input and output filtering in UPS systems, renewable energy inverter grid interfaces, and welding equipment
Samples and production quantities of the MKP1847C AC Filtering series are available now, with lead times of 12 weeks.
- SiC Junction Barrier Schottky (JBS) diodes up to 1.2kV - December 21, 2021
- Quad configuration SiC Schottky Diode - December 21, 2021
- SiC Schottky diodes under extreme temperatures - December 21, 2021