- Posted by Juan Moreno Echarri
- On July 5, 2021
The combination of vacuum, thermal stress, high-voltage, and video recording of the venting hole of the HV Optocoupler was implemented by Alter Optoelectronics laboratory in Madrid, Spain, to verify several suspicious high voltage optocouplers for the ESA JUICE mission.
You can read about:
- HV Optocoupler verification requirements
- Equipment used.
- Test results
Exposure to vacuum may cause changes in filling isolating materials even at room temperature conditions. HV Optocouplers are used to connect two different circuits while maintaining high electrical isolation between them.
In this successful case, we present how we did custom thermal vacuum chamber HV testing and device video recording in this successful case. The thermal vacuum system developed by Alter is based on the use of a custom vacuum chamber inside a commercial cryogenic chamber.
- Thermal Vacuum with video monitoring for HV Optocouplers - July 5, 2021
- HEATPACK: Higher thermal dissipation in space systems - June 29, 2020
- SIC diodes versus Heavy Ions (SEE) - February 5, 2020