- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On February 19, 2020
Goal of the study
Working on the developing of a European standard for DD testing
Energy transfer from particle to matter
- Particle slowed down by transfering energy to the matter.
- Main part of the deposited energy is ionisation (interaction with the electrons), the rest is atomic displacements (interaction with the nuclei).
- Fraction depends on particle type and energy, target material.
- Fraction decreases when the energy increases.
- Displacement damage: degradation in the bulk of the device.
3 main interaction types, different energy transfers:
• Nuclear elastic
• Nuclear inelastic
Increasing transfered energy to the Primary Knock-on Atom and cascade size
• Single displaced atom or interaction cascade
• Creation of Frenkel pairs (vacancy-interstitial pairs) or more complex lattice defects (high concentration of deposited energy)
• Reorganisation of these pairs into stable defects. Phase of “annealing”
• Introduction of levels in the gap that modify the electrical properties of semiconductor
Download or read the full report here
- Reduce Harmonic Distortion by Decoupling Capacitor - March 5, 2021
- Coilcraft Expanded its Low-Profile Molded Power Inductors with Industry Lowest DCR - March 5, 2021
- Technology Outlook for Automotive MLCC - March 5, 2021