- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On March 14, 2020
Radiation Testing Services – RADLAB
Radiation testing (ionizing and nonionizing) effect is one of the main factors affecting the reliability of equipment and systems operating in space. However, there is also a growing interest for it in other technological fields such as avionics, high energy physics, automotive industry, nuclear industry, etc.
Radiation degrades EEE components and generates device perturbations that could lead to its malfunction or destruction. These effects are highly dependent on the radiation type: gamma radiation, heavy ions, protons, etc., but also on the device technology, the manufacturing lot and the working conditions.
Alter Technology provides in-house radiation testing services which include test samples preparation, program and test board development as well as results reporting.
The areas covered by this test are the following:
- Modelling and evaluation of space radiation environment
- Radiation analysis at component level
- Shielding calculations
- Preparing radiation test procedures and plans
- Performing the radiation test (including test samples preparation, program and test board development) and reporting
- In-orbit SEU and error rates prediction
- Support to user for radiation risk mitigation
RADLAB (Our new Cobalt-60 Radiation facility)
Total ionising dose gamma radiation testing is performed in our certified laboratory RADLAB.
- DLA- MIL Laboratory Suitability
- ISO/IEC 17025 certified
- Low and high dose rate (from 0+ to >100 Krad (Si)/h)
- Static and dynamic biasing
- Remote conditions monitoring
- Panoramic, cell and pool Co60 radiation sources
- Coverage of all potential annealing and accelerated aging conditions
- Large available area for multiple simultaneous testing
Heavy ions testing is associated with single event effects. Among others, we have extensive experience in:
- Single event upset (SEU)
- Single event transient (SET)
- Single event latch-up (SEL), single event snap back (SESB)
- Single event burn-out (SEB), single event gate rupture (SEGR)
- Single event functional interrupt (SEFI)
Other types of tests can be performed, such as:
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
Do you have questions? Contact us!
Radiation Testing Facilities
Approved service provider to O.E.M.’s and Space Agencies worldwide.
- A fully flexible source
- Unlimited availability
- Extensive electrical parameter measurement capability.
- Full in-house control
- A recognized Centre of Excellence for ESA for radiation testing;
- Approved service provider to O.E.M.’s and Space Agencies worldwide.
Alter Technology Radiation Testing Service
Custom radiation test plans generated reflecting your requirements, including, extensive data-sheet or procurement specification electrical parameter (DC, AC, functional test). Additionally, requirements will be easily fulfilled with the proper component selection in doEEEt.
Alter Technology provides a comprehensive Radiation Report, including the electrical measurement results, graphical plots of parameter performance, a detailed analysis of the results, culminating in a conclusion of the component performance.
EXPERIENCE – In Europe and Internationally
Alter Technology has accumulated significant experience, conducting more than 1000 radiation test campaigns over more than 27 years for ESA projects, and commercial Space Programmes for Space agencies worldwide. A selection of some of those programmes is detailed below.
- UNE-EN 9100:2010 ( QM for Aeroespace & Defense )
- UNE-EN-ISO 9001:2008 ( QM Requirements )
- UNE-EN-ISO/IEC 17025:2005 ( General requirements for Calibration & Testing )
- UNE-EN-ISO 14001 ( Environment Management, On going )
- UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17065:2012 ( Product Conformance Evaluation )
- ISO 17205
- DLA- MIL Laboratory Suitability
Save time searching the EEE components of your design in doEEEt database.
- High Current, High Temperature Edge-Wound Inductors - January 13, 2023
- Snap-In Supercapacitors - January 13, 2023
- Q&A Webinar – Challenges of Testing of Optoelectronics COTS for Space - January 10, 2023