- Posted by doEEEt Media Group
- On February 19, 2020
Experience on SEE testing EEE parts (Memories, RF Power devices…)
- Many basic testers available which offer the capability to carry out a test in a rather short delay (a few weeks) at a relatively low cost.
- Capability to develop on-demand test setup for complex devices (μP High-frequency devices, RF fixtures etc…) higher cost driven by the test preparation effort.
- Access to many facilities, the selection is based on more than 15 years of experience.
- In house device opening capability, especially for plastic packages more and more difficult.
- Good electronics skills are mandatory for test setup development as well as a good knowledge of the tested device.
AIRBUS DS Test Activity Overview
- More than 600 tests since 2003.
- Mainly dedicated to provide SEE behaviour of EEE devices used by any ADS project.
- Fully integrated within the procurment process at early level, traceability (man lot, factory etc…) avoid a huge number of tests.
- Some internal R&D activities as well as some funded by ESA, CNES and DLR.
- Support on request to external customers (mainly on ADS related projects).
Generic test benches used for more than 90% of devices
- 4 test slots
- Board compliant with all facilities.
- Many remotely programmed analog and digital I/O
- High speed digitizers for SET
- Ability to test SEU, SET and SEL separately or at the same time depending on the device
- Ability to test Opamps, comparators, voltage ref and regulator, DAC, ADC and the most current digital circuits (line buffer, latches etc…)
- Ease of daughter board design (a few days)
- Capability to change quickly test conditions during test
- Autotest to check device and tester good healt
- 8 test slots
- Can hold P or N channel up to 600V Vds and +/-100V Vgs
- On line measurement of Igss (10pA to 100mA) and Idss
- SEB detection and Drain charge collection integrated acquisitions
- Integrated VGSth measurement for N channel (P to be added)
- Integrated PIGST capability
- Fully Remote controlled operation
- Integrated autotest to check device connection and tester integrity before irradiation ( a not connected device is seen unsensitive )
- 40 MHz asynchronous mode & 20 MHz synchronous DDR mode
- 2 adjustable protected supplies (SEL) with on line voltage and current monitoring
- Embedded Processor under Linux RT and FPGA
- Remote controlled operation through single ethernet link
- Integrated hard drive for high speed data recording (many Gbytes of data during test)
- User defined test sequence up to 2000 cmd/s
One shot test benches
RF SEE Testing
- Complex RF Test Setup
- High RF Power handling capability
- Peltier Cooling Unit
- Remote control capability
Download or read the full report here
Latest posts by doEEEt Media Group (see all)
- High Current, High Temperature Edge-Wound Inductors - January 13, 2023
- Snap-In Supercapacitors - January 13, 2023
- Q&A Webinar – Challenges of Testing of Optoelectronics COTS for Space - January 10, 2023